1. You’ll need a flat area for the snowman. And you’ll need access to a spot which has a nice big patch of snow to make big snowballs with.
2. Gather a handful of snow. Pack it tightly with your two hands, shaping it into a ball.
3. Place the ball on the ground. Roll the ball along the snowy patch. As you roll, the ball will pick up more snow and will grow larger and larger as the snow from the ground sticks to it. Keep rolling until the ball reaches the desired lower body size. A height of 1 foot to three feet (or more) is recommended.
4. Make another snowball. Only this time, make it a little bit smaller. This will become the snowman’s middle section.
5. Make another snowball. This last one must be smaller still, as it will form the snowman’s head. When done, stack the three snowballs up from largest to smallest, being careful to pack tightly and balance them so they won’t fall down. As you go, smooth the sides out as best you can.
6. When all the balls are in place, pack some snow between the layers. This will make sure they stick together. If your snowman seems wobbly, you can stabilize it by poking a long skinny stick straight down through the top of its head, like threading a shish kabob. Cover the hold in its head with more snow.
7. Place a carrot in the middle of the head to act as a nose. Use buttons, pebbles or etc and place them above the carrots to represent the eyes. Use a row of pebbles, coal or etc., to show a dazzling smile or a grumpy frown beneath the carrot nose.
8. Add some sticks for the arms. Top off the snowman with a hat and place a nice scarf around its neck.
9. Take some pictures if you like. Your snowman will hang around at least a few days and even longer if it’s very cold.
10. Enjoy his company.
The snowman suddenly began to move. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had to take another look and then he blinked. He said good day what year is it? When i told him 2014 he was astounded and began to panic. It’s been nearly 45 years. 45 years I said. He told me that a witch cursed him to live forever as a snowman. He said its terrible to only be able to live one time a year.
My cousin helped me come up with this story lol. She is 11.