January Journal Challenge 2014
1. Write a list of New year Resolutions.
2. What year will it be in ten years? How old will you be? Write a letter to yourself for ten years from now.
3. January is National Soup month. Write directions for creating your favorite soup, real or imaginary.
4. My favorite book to read on a cold winter day.
5. The snowman suddenly began to move . Finish the statement.
6. Pretend that you are a penguin who loves to “tweet.” Write 5 tweets describing what it is like to live Antarctica.
7. The Abominable Snowman is an ape-like creature said to inhabit the Himalayan regions of Nepal and Tibet. Write a story about seeing the Abominable Snowman.
8. Write your goals for this month.
10. Write a story from the point of view of a snowflake.
11. Write about the worst snowstorm you can remember.
12. Write a list of things you like to do on a cold winters night.
13. You are snowed in at a cabin write a list of thing you would do to pass the time.
14. Make a list of 10 things you like about winter.
15. Martin Luther King Jr wrote the famous “I have a dream speech” Write your own speech.
16. Tell what your family does when the electricity goes out.
17. Write an instruction manual on how to make a snowman.
18. FREE WRITE
19. Talk about a movie you like to watch during this time of year.
20. Write SNOW in an acrostic poem.
21. Describe the sound of fire in a fire place. Be descriptive.
22. Would you participate in a polar bear swim event? Why or why not?
23. Write a poem about ice, snow, or frost.
24. Think about winter in terms of your five senses. What do you hear? What do you see? What do you smell? What do you taste? What do you feel?
25. What would happen if winter were the only season? Write a story about life in a winter-only world.
26. Do you like snow? Why or why not?
27. Choose two winter holidays. Make a Venn Diagram showing how they are alike and how they are different. (IF USING A BLOG JUST MAKE TWO LIST LIKES AND DIFFERENTS)
28. Write a descriptive paragraph telling about your favorite winter activity.
29. FREE WRITE
30. Make a list of ways in which winter is different from autumn.
31. Write a summary of things that happened during the month of January.